collapse

Author Topic: Chromaturgy and Drafters (Magic Lore)  (Read 1934 times)

• No avatar
March 28, 2019, 06:08:08 pm
(IMPORTANT NOTE: This is NOT my creation, it belongs to Brent weeks, author of the "Lightbringer" book series.)

Drafting
Drafting, or Chromaturgy, is the magic of transforming visual wavelengths of light into a solid matter called "Luxin." People who practice this magic are referred to as "Drafters." Drafters train and serve under a greater collective called the "Chromeria" People who cannot draft are refered to as "Non-drafters." but other names are also "Norms" Or "Munds" though these terms are somewhat offensive.

Most drafters believe in a common god name Orholam, he is credited as the god who gives drafters their abilities and the sun is called "Orholam's Eye." Orholam's name can be used as a replacement for "God." Such as "By Orholam!" and "for Orholam's sake!"

All luxin shares some properties, they all decay in the sunlight, a drafter cannot control another drafter's luxin, and once Luxin is exuded by a Drafter and they release control of it, they cannot take that control back.

Drafting has some disadvantages though. Like any activity it takes physical energy, drafting a lot is exhausting to do. Drafting will cause luxin to build up in a drafter's body, killing them slowly and staining their iris the colour they draft. Most male drafters live to 40, and most women to 55. Drafting a lot at once will cause "Lightsickness." An ailment similar to a hangover, including symptoms like: Fatigue, light sensitivity, nausea, vomiting, impaired cognitive skills and unresponsiveness. If a drafter drafts far too much their iris will Shatter and they will become a colour Wight, driven insane in the process.

Requirements for Drafting.

Skill.
Every Drafter needs trained in the art, it takes a considerable amount of time. Very few can draft naturally but some people have a natural knack for it. Skill involves knowing the properties of the colour you intend to draft, and being able to recognise and match exact wavelengths, like harmonising music.

Will.
Drafters need to want to draft, they need to command the colour they intend to shape with their own willpower. Simply by imposing enough will onto the colour a drafter can cover certain flaws their Luxin may naturally have, more closely match wavelengths, and change the state their Luxin takes, making a naturally liquid luxin into a gas or a solid, and vice-versa.

Source.
Drafters, obviously, need to See a colour to draft it, and thus, hold their vision in high respect. Without light to interpret a drafter simply cannot create Luxin. There has only ever been one case of somebody managing to draft black into luxin, and it didn't end well.

Movement.
Whilst not required, most, if not all drafters are trained to channel Luxin through their body with movements, dancing, stepping, waving of the arms. More skilled drafters can move less to draft, but all still need to move.

Chromatic Casts
There are four main chromatic casts. Monochromes, people who draft a single colour. Bichromes, people who draft two and are rarer than Monochromes. Polychromes, people who draft between 3 and all colours on the spectrum. Near-Polychromats, people who can draft two colours safely but struggle to draft their third colour and have it be stable.

Colours and traits of Colours.
All Luxin has an effect on personality, it was thought that the colour you draft was based in your personality but it's actually the other way around. Depending what colours you draft it will change your personality in certain ways. Please note: Purple is NOT formally recognised by the Chromeria. It counts as either blue or superviolet.

Sub-red: Wavelengths longer than human eyes can see. Sub-reds can see people's body heat. They are very radically emotional, verging on bipolar, easily pushed to tears or fighting. Sub-red luxin is a gas naturally, it smells of charcoal and smoke, and is very flammable.

Red: Reds are brave, inspiring, caring people by nature, Quick tempered and fearless. Red luxin is a jelly or glue-like sticky substance and also extremely flammable. Red luxin smells of tobacco and tea leaves.

Orange: Oranges are very creative, emotionally intelligent people, often artists or entertainers, They are good liars and can be very manipulative. Orange luxin smells of almonds and is a viscous, soapy liquid.

Yellow: Yellows tend to be clear thinkers with intellect and emotion in perfect balance. Cheerful, wise, bright, balanced, observant, brutally honest at times, and excellent liars. Thinkers, not doers. Yellow luxin smells of Eucalyptus and mint, and is a very thin water-like yellow fluid but can be shaped into super-hard spikes with enough willpower.

Green: Greens are wild, free, flexible, adaptable, nurturing, friendly. They don't so much disrespect authority as not even recognise it. Green Luxin has the consistency of Leather or rubber, flexible but still sturdy. it smells of fresh-cut grass and tree sap.

Blue: Scholarly, wise, musical, logical. Blue drafters are very calculated and love order and hierarchy. Peace is a big part of their life and they are often mathematicians, composers, or Scientists. Blue luxin feels like stone or crystal, but can be flaky and weak if drafted poorly. it smells of refined minerals, steel and fresh water.

Superviolet: Superviolets tend to have a removed outlook, dispassionate. They appreciate irony and sarcasm. They are often cold, psychopathic even, viewing people as puzzles to be solved, or ciphers to be cracked. Irrationality outrages superviolets. Superviolet luxin isn't "Invisible" as it is "Hidden." You can still detect superviolet as a place where light doesn't look quite right. Superviolet luxin  and can be either a fine fabric, or solid and metal-like. Superviolets can see bodily fluids glow, able to see people's scent in the air.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 06:10:15 pm by Rosethorns »
  • Minecraft Username: Naughty__Nova

Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • 𝔗𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔭𝔲𝔫𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔯 🌞: If you want responses, why come here? Go to the new forums
    December 17, 2018, 12:02:04 pm
  • lukalu: ANyone wnt me to read "How the Admins saved Christmas"?
    December 19, 2018, 06:36:49 pm
  • Dalius Everad: Whats wrong with Ely
    December 21, 2018, 10:39:51 pm
  • Dalius Everad: The Ip: mc.elysium.co isnt working
    December 21, 2018, 10:39:56 pm
  • Sarah: Check that you are using the MC 1.12.2 version
    December 26, 2018, 07:39:17 am
  • TheRealNoahH: I was banned on the new IP permanently, and I've never even played on it. I'm not banned on the old one
    December 27, 2018, 03:53:12 am
  • voltagesnipe3s: can we get the old donation ranks from the old server to the new? anyone know?
    January 04, 2019, 07:17:33 am
  • Alistair: hi! i used to have a donation rank, but i dont have it anymore? anyway to get that back?
    January 05, 2019, 03:13:09 am
  • stigmau: What are the plans on the custom races?
    January 07, 2019, 07:50:54 pm
  • SpookySkelles: is there a new server? i wasnt on in a while and now the server is really inactive. if there is can someone tell me the ip adress?
    January 19, 2019, 11:26:56 pm
  • Sarah: [link]
    January 20, 2019, 10:38:26 am
  • acopolis: my bed is obstructed... cant get home
    February 12, 2019, 03:42:15 pm
  • 𝔗𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔭𝔲𝔫𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔯 🌞: [link]
    March 09, 2019, 04:45:35 pm
  • 𝔗𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔭𝔲𝔫𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔯 🌞: new discord ^^^^^
    March 09, 2019, 04:45:39 pm
  • Wizardmagicgo: Help i have a problem because I did /race and it basically didnt let me log on ever again please help me fix it
    March 19, 2019, 08:37:52 am
  • River: Where do I do the ban appeal
    March 22, 2019, 10:48:23 pm
  • Sarah: [link]
    March 23, 2019, 08:52:59 pm
  • SoKoL: oof im banned for saying sup in global
    March 31, 2019, 06:44:46 pm
  • David_Shadows: Is the server still up?
    April 26, 2019, 04:22:44 pm
  • Sarah: David, the server has been restarted for the 1.12 map. Please check for details on the new forum
    April 29, 2019, 11:55:59 am