collapse

Author Topic: The Case Against a Full Reset  (Read 2333 times)

December 12, 2018, 07:40:28 am
Hello, I'm h2hermit
You might know me as the leader of the Ordo, I led that for awhile, or as a couple other RP roles I've had across Elysium.
Over the two years I've been on this server, I've had memories, and spent upwards of 300 hours on many of the projects my friends and I have built. I came back, just a couple weeks ago, and I've tried my best to build up a nation once more, even with the lack of activity across the Server. When we heard from Munzie a couple hours ago, that a Reset is imminent, our hearts dropped. Yes, I do understand why a rest occurs, but I think that the positives of the reset can be kept while keeping the active towns and nation's stuff alive. Just keep these active towns/nations, as well as some active player settlements, and reset the rest. I don't see the major issue in that, it's a compromise between a full reset, and keeping it how it is. You could even just compensate the towns with resources and enough money to re-found the towns and nations. It is much worse on the builders (and time consuming for the large builds), but with all the resources you could run over it with Schematica and it shouldn't be that big of an issue.
But going from having alot of money, builds, and lored-items all cached away across Elysium, and it'll all be gone in an instant. Munzie saw the controversy first hand when he came online and practically announced it. Again, I see why a reset is needed, and I do support it again in some regards. But, as I said before, the same results can be kept either via keeping the active towns whole (just check player activity in conjunction with the nations/towns).I do not want a full reset, everyone's hard work and effort will be gone, it will discourage, and even make many leave (they said it themselves after Munzie's announcement) due to all their progress going down the drain for nothing. It's a 50:50 shot, you'll end up pissing off others who have poured their souls into their builds, with some even leaving, just to appeal to new members. We all know Minecraft's popularity isn't what it used to be. A Reset and a New World, and maybe a new face to the server won't draw in Good Members, maybe Edgy Nekos, but who wants those? The Server has been growing up from the grave, slowly, over the past couple weeks I've been back. Even as I'm writing this I'm VCing with some guys who just joined. Sure, recruitment isn't great, but the people coming in aren't Edgy Nekos, but mostly quality RPers.
  • Character name: Wolfram Laurent
  • Minecraft Username: h2hermit

December 12, 2018, 11:47:12 am
The one thing Hermit and I can agree on.
  • Character name: Arapaho Maliseet - Current Main.
  • Minecraft Username: Treepuncher2014
VargyBoi#7993
Arapaho Maliseet (Sunwalker)
"May the Earth Mother brighten your path, friend. Farewell."

• No avatar
December 12, 2018, 11:30:42 pm
The reset will be a great way to get newbies involved in new, even more ambitious builds as a community. We've had years to explore this world, I think exploring a building a new one would be exciting. What if the files for the old worlds were posted so that the builds were available for everyone to see while still allowing new stories to blossom with the reset? That way, all of the amazing builds won't be lost.
  • Minecraft Username: noje3

December 13, 2018, 02:47:50 am
Everyone: Reset the Server
*Sammo begins to Reset the Server*
Everyone: No Wait-

In all Seriousness, I am still alive, and I agree there shouldn't be a TOTAL Reset. We should conserve some buildings and Lored items atleast, and do SOMETHING with Them. I haven't been on anymore because there's not much reason to, but if They Fix the Mistakes they had Before and manage to Resurrect it, I Might come back. Maybe.
  • Character name: Bad Oatmeal, White Nick Fury, Angery Lady, Garfield, Teabag, Grandpa, Crazy Orc, and Short Asian Lady
  • Minecraft Username: _Mr_hyde_
It’s my job to annoy people and Start Arguments, so....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

December 13, 2018, 05:58:34 am
Everyone: Reset the Server
*Sammo begins to Reset the Server*
Everyone: No Wait-

I do want a reset. Just not a hard reset.
  • Character name: Wolfram Laurent
  • Minecraft Username: h2hermit

December 13, 2018, 01:15:18 pm
As someone who has built a bunch on this server and has a lot of items, I couldn't really care if the server is reset. The only thing I'd like to keep is ender chests, inventories and money.

Who cares if there's history most old people have left and let's face it, what history was there lol
It's like LOTR, the time of the elves is over, the age of man has begun.
  • Character name: Vuldin Oberon
  • Minecraft Username: Zucchini_Warrior

• No avatar
December 27, 2018, 03:56:40 am
What about a new world? Either get rid of Aria or Fei and make a new world.
  • Minecraft Username: TheRealNoahH

• No avatar
April 19, 2019, 03:45:06 pm
How can you have a reset without actually resetting everything? I prefer a hard reset or none at all.
  • Minecraft Username: JohnnyLes

April 20, 2019, 06:34:48 am
How can you have a reset without actually resetting everything? I prefer a hard reset or none at all.

JohnnyLes, I am glad to inform you that a hard reset has indeed been carried out. about 4 months ago. Feel free to check it out!

Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • 𝔗𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔭𝔲𝔫𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔯 🌞: If you want responses, why come here? Go to the new forums
    December 17, 2018, 12:02:04 pm
  • lukalu: ANyone wnt me to read "How the Admins saved Christmas"?
    December 19, 2018, 06:36:49 pm
  • Dalius Everad: Whats wrong with Ely
    December 21, 2018, 10:39:51 pm
  • Dalius Everad: The Ip: mc.elysium.co isnt working
    December 21, 2018, 10:39:56 pm
  • Sarah: Check that you are using the MC 1.12.2 version
    December 26, 2018, 07:39:17 am
  • TheRealNoahH: I was banned on the new IP permanently, and I've never even played on it. I'm not banned on the old one
    December 27, 2018, 03:53:12 am
  • voltagesnipe3s: can we get the old donation ranks from the old server to the new? anyone know?
    January 04, 2019, 07:17:33 am
  • Alistair: hi! i used to have a donation rank, but i dont have it anymore? anyway to get that back?
    January 05, 2019, 03:13:09 am
  • stigmau: What are the plans on the custom races?
    January 07, 2019, 07:50:54 pm
  • SpookySkelles: is there a new server? i wasnt on in a while and now the server is really inactive. if there is can someone tell me the ip adress?
    January 19, 2019, 11:26:56 pm
  • Sarah: [link]
    January 20, 2019, 10:38:26 am
  • acopolis: my bed is obstructed... cant get home
    February 12, 2019, 03:42:15 pm
  • 𝔗𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔭𝔲𝔫𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔯 🌞: [link]
    March 09, 2019, 04:45:35 pm
  • 𝔗𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔭𝔲𝔫𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔯 🌞: new discord ^^^^^
    March 09, 2019, 04:45:39 pm
  • Wizardmagicgo: Help i have a problem because I did /race and it basically didnt let me log on ever again please help me fix it
    March 19, 2019, 08:37:52 am
  • River: Where do I do the ban appeal
    March 22, 2019, 10:48:23 pm
  • Sarah: [link]
    March 23, 2019, 08:52:59 pm
  • SoKoL: oof im banned for saying sup in global
    March 31, 2019, 06:44:46 pm
  • David_Shadows: Is the server still up?
    April 26, 2019, 04:22:44 pm
  • Sarah: David, the server has been restarted for the 1.12 map. Please check for details on the new forum
    April 29, 2019, 11:55:59 am