collapse

Author Topic: Anti-magic.... Ok let's talk.  (Read 184 times)

July 02, 2018, 12:39:29 am
Well, I'm not sure how to structure this because I have a lot of opinions on the matter. But here we go.

Jye's handy dandy magical guide to fixing anti-magic
[/color][/font][/i][/b]

Step 1: Make official anti-magic lore due to it being possibly the most controversial thing on the server, it deserves it. That way in fights or arguments staff need to break up they can point to the official rules surrounding it.

Step 2: Anti-magic should be roleplayed like magic itself instead of someone just drawing a rune and BANG everyone looses their abilities because that's dumb. e.g *The weathered old man brought his hands up, pointed towards the cocky mage that stood across from him, charging a bolt of flame above his open palm. A grayish tint seemed to fill the air in front of the older man, as the mage launched the fire bolt forward. The bolt of flames was reduced to but a handful of sparks as it flew through the air towards the old man, not enough to catch his clothes alight* This brings us to step 3.

Step 3: Anti-magic shouldn't make one completely immune to all magic or nullify all abilities- This exact mindset is what causes people to try to work around anti-magic and cheat the system with player-made races that go 'Duhurur It'S aN iNnATe AbIlITy nOt MaGIc'. Instead anti-magic should simply /weaken/ spells, and anti-mages should get just as exhausted from casting as normal mages/spell casters. This creates an interesting dynamic where large and fair magic battles can take place while giving either party a fair chance of winning. Because with anti-magic runes people don't suffer any drawbacks.

Step 4: Get rid of anti-magic runes for everyone besides actual anti-mages (Who can't cast other types of magic). Honestly they don't make sense. If you want to fight/hunt mages then get an anti-mage on your side to drastically change the tide of battle. Also make anti-magic runes only dispel things that hit the surface it's drawn on- No radius effects.

Step 5: But Jye- If anti-magic doesn't completely nullify all magic, what does it do? Well. It would weaken magic depending on the strength of both casters. For example a fireball would be reduced to nothing if met with an anti-magic ball of equal size. This means- Whoever started casting first wins, and if the anti-mage is distracted then the mage still has a chance to cast their spell.
  • Character name: Cassandra, Maxwell, Kaitlin~
  • Minecraft Username: Jyecarson, LifeStrife_2017

Have a nice day! :D

• No avatar
July 02, 2018, 01:07:47 am
I like this post.
  • Character name: Tacitus Sunfist
  • Minecraft Username: MasterThor
Hi! My name is Tyler (Better known as Thor, or MasterThor). I enjoy writing lore and I am open for requests! PM me or ask me in the shoutbox and I will happily write any lore you want!

July 02, 2018, 01:09:41 am
Anti-magic = B a d
  • Character name: Bad Oatmeal, White Nick Fury, Angery Lady, Garfield, Teabag, Grandpa, Crazy Orc, and Short Asian Lady
  • Minecraft Username: _Mr_hyde_
It’s my job to annoy people and Start Arguments, so....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• No avatar
July 02, 2018, 01:14:27 am
Especially those people who are like "Oh, well it's my anti-magic and I have it so that I can cast spells but you can't!" It's annoying and illogical.

The only "anti-magic" I use is a spell called "Horos". It's not necessarily anti-magic, it's a spell that instantly dispels the selected spell. Such as a ward, fireball, et cetera.

I remember anti-mages, I applied (back when race-locking was a thing) to be one and got accepted, it was a pretty cool race, I liked it. Though, anti-magic is now overused to the point where a mage can be very easily countered just by pulling an anti-magic rune out of nowhere.
  • Character name: Tacitus Sunfist
  • Minecraft Username: MasterThor
Hi! My name is Tyler (Better known as Thor, or MasterThor). I enjoy writing lore and I am open for requests! PM me or ask me in the shoutbox and I will happily write any lore you want!

July 02, 2018, 01:22:47 am
I Would Like it Better if BOTH People, Including the Caster and the People being Casted on, Are unable to Use Magic, So they Just Have to Punch the Ever living Bejeebus out of Each other.
  • Character name: Bad Oatmeal, White Nick Fury, Angery Lady, Garfield, Teabag, Grandpa, Crazy Orc, and Short Asian Lady

• No avatar
September 13, 2018, 10:02:57 pm
This has been taken directly from "Magic Theorendum Vol 7: Circles and Sources"

"Those whom wish to defend their own residence from magic anomalies, or by hostile intent, need only draw a circle with the character for prison within 4 feet of each other character on the inside of the circle, and place another circle between and under each character, binding the inner circle with a Sealing Star connecting each second character, but without fail between. Sources for a Magic Diffuse Spell, such as this circle, do not make magic impossible while inside it's effect range, but dispel it while a caster's spell ranges outside their aura field. A linkage of a source must be linked to keep the effect, but successive circles cannot break rule of soul limits. Sources for even simple and tiny circles can easily break soul limits, causing the caster to use an external source, in most cases."

From "Magic Theorendum Vol 2: Limits"
"Caster's magic cannot exceed their power of soul, in successive and maintained flows of spells, if caster makes any new connections, conjures, or other all bonds shall break, and caster won't be capable of casting until their soul recovers from injuries. Soul Injuries such as Limit Exceed may take years to fully recover."

If we could have better Anti-Magic, and magic in general, on the server, I think it would be very beneficial to play.
  • Minecraft Username: Zyvo1

September 14, 2018, 01:51:46 am
If Anti-Magic was Used more as a security system, and Less as an Excuse to Beat people into a Pulp, That would be Nice.

Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Zyvo: So is the server offline?
    September 05, 2018, 01:35:31 am
  • MasterThor: Why were all of my posts deleted and my account reset...
    September 06, 2018, 07:23:46 pm
  • MasterThor: Now I'm confused my login details signed me into a different account
    September 06, 2018, 07:24:37 pm
  • _Mr_hyde_: According to History, your Account still exists like why it signed you into a different one I don't know.
    September 06, 2018, 10:07:53 pm
  • 𝔗𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔭𝔲𝔫𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔯: For some reason your profile picture had a big red X when I clicked on it, as well as I see none of your posts as well
    September 06, 2018, 11:05:54 pm
  • _Mr_hyde_: Also, I might point out your ORIGINAL Account was Called True Masterthork while the current one is just masterthor.
    September 06, 2018, 11:22:12 pm
  • MasterThor: Yeah... idk what's going on
    September 07, 2018, 12:08:12 am
  • MasterThor: Hopefully Elysium revives soon, it took a heavy hit and the playerbase dropped
    September 07, 2018, 12:09:34 am
  • _Mr_hyde_: Rip Ely
    September 07, 2018, 01:11:23 am
  • 𝔗𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔭𝔲𝔫𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔯: RIP
    September 07, 2018, 01:35:54 am
  • Zyvo: Can't get online and there are 20 players online. Ahh, want to work on my tower.
    September 09, 2018, 03:08:55 am
  • Yinguki: Anyone having issues logging in?
    September 11, 2018, 02:21:28 am
  • Jyecarson: Try using direct connect! It helps for a lot of people
    September 11, 2018, 10:38:10 am
  • 𝔗𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔭𝔲𝔫𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔯: post [link]
    September 12, 2018, 09:54:41 pm
  • MoistHammer: How am I supposed to find a sweaty minecraft boyfriend if NOBODY plays this DAMN server anymore!?
    September 19, 2018, 01:34:00 am
  • Kazmirl: Fair enough...
    September 19, 2018, 01:59:26 am
  • Mellonlord33: Gonna create a lore post "series". Going to give a basic run down of Elysium's lore.
    September 20, 2018, 08:29:50 pm
  • Mellonlord33: Might be a little outdated (idk what lore team has changed) but I think it should be a good guideline for new players to follow.
    September 20, 2018, 08:30:33 pm
  • _Mr_hyde_: Though it isn't guaranteed they'll actually follow it.
    September 21, 2018, 02:55:00 am
  • Mellonlord33: What is at this point hyde?
    September 21, 2018, 11:04:40 pm