collapse

Author Topic: Monster: Bodysnatchers  (Read 340 times)

May 15, 2018, 07:04:01 am
Bodysnatchers

Appearance:

Before beginning the process of transforming into a person, bodysnatchers appear to be nothing more than ordinary reflective puddles of water. Simply by observing closely, however, there are ways to tell whether a puddle is simply a puddle or a bodysnatcher lying in wait. The first clue is that bodysnatchers always produce perfect reflections, regardless of the weather. The second clue is that, unlike a normal puddle, a bodysnatcher will not evaporate or be absorbed by sponges. The third and final clue is to see if the puddle is in a location where a puddle could be formed. During their transformation stage, bodysnatchers appear as a bubbling puddle, rather than a still reflective one.

Weaknesses:

During Stages 1 and 2 of their lives, bodysnatchers have no way to defend themselves, and are extremely flammable. Even a tiny flame is enough to set them alight and kill them. During the early months of Stage 3 bodysnatchers do not have any of the resistances their victim may have, leaving them vulnerable to just about everything. As Stage 3 progresses, bodysnatchers will gain the resistances their victim has, but to a lesser degree. At Stage 4, bodysnatchers are exact copies of their victim, thus being able to be killed in the same ways.

Behavior:

Stage 1 - Puddle:
Before acquiring a victim, bodysnatchers remain mostly stationary. The only times they move is when they are in danger or when they need to find a location with more people passing through. When they move, they are only able to do so very slowly.

Stage 2 - Transformation:
Once an individual has stepped in its puddle, a bodysnatcher will begin to slowly move to find safe location where it can begin turning into a copy of the victim. Bodysnatchers are unable to do anything but complete the transformation once it has begun, leaving them completely vulnerable. After two weeks, the transformation completes.

Stage 3 - Growth:
When transformation is complete, bodysnatchers appear to be exact doubles of their victims. However, a newly transformed bodysnatcher is very weak and the only thought on its mind is to avoid being killed. After a couple months of sapping their victim’s life energy to become stronger, a bodysnatcher will begin to develop the same personality as their victim. As more time passes, a bodysnatcher will become bolder and venture out into public spaces.

Stage 4 - Takeover:
Should a bodysnatcher not be killed within a year and a half of beginning its growth stage, it will successfully steal all of its victim’s energy and takeover their life. At this point, a bodysnatcher will have gained all of its victim’s memories, powers, and knowledge up until the point they first made contact. As for the victim, they will die and turn into a Stage 1 bodysnatcher.

[/font]
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 04:46:48 am by _KnightSolaire_ »
  • Character name: Kravam Stormbelly, Cameron Iliric, Baltic Marinus, Ettrian Wyneberos
  • Minecraft Username: _KnightSolaire_
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown" H. P. Lovecraft

May 15, 2018, 11:39:11 am
My god, this is a really good lore.

Hats off to you, good sir!
  • Character name: Wakes-With-Dawn (Argonian), Runs-Into-Fire (Argonian), Saraya (Kobold), Sunmeer (Ouginak), Fennrin (Dwarf), Mayain Sundar (Half-Elf)
  • Minecraft Username: Juan_Plays
"Hey, what are you doing on the floor?"

"I thought I'd find my dignity down here."

May 15, 2018, 12:30:09 pm
Now I’m going to have to kill every puddle I see.
  • Character name: Bad Oatmeal, White Nick Fury, Angery Lady, Garfield, Teabag, Grandpa, Crazy Orc, and Short Asian Lady
  • Minecraft Username: _Mr_hyde_
It’s my job to annoy people and Start Arguments, so....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

May 15, 2018, 05:57:58 pm
My god, this is a really good lore.

Hats off to you, good sir!

Why thank you my good man.
  • Character name: Kravam Stormbelly, Cameron Iliric, Baltic Marinus, Ettrian Wyneberos
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown" H. P. Lovecraft

May 15, 2018, 05:58:46 pm
Now I’m going to have to kill every puddle I see.

Seems like a perfectly reasonable response

May 15, 2018, 06:05:18 pm
This reminds me of a Doctor who episode about a puddle of oil which sucked you in to be a pilot for a spaceship
  • Character name: Vuldin Oberon
  • Minecraft Username: Zucchini_Warrior

• No avatar
May 15, 2018, 06:06:45 pm
This reminds me of a Doctor who episode about a puddle of oil which sucked you in to be a pilot for a spaceship
water not oil
  • Character name: Former General of the Army for Lotus, Samuel Darkmor (Elysium), Ensign Samuel Blain (Kryten)
  • Minecraft Username: CoolSam2004
You just lost the game.

May 15, 2018, 06:09:20 pm
water not oil

The Dr said it was leaking engine fuel

• No avatar
May 15, 2018, 06:11:31 pm
water not oil

The Dr said it was leaking engine fuel
shhhh
  • Character name: Former General of the Army for Lotus, Samuel Darkmor (Elysium), Ensign Samuel Blain (Kryten)
  • Minecraft Username: CoolSam2004
You just lost the game.

May 16, 2018, 08:13:04 pm
Oh right that episode. I sorta see the similarity I guess, but I didn't have it in mind when writing this.

• No avatar
May 16, 2018, 09:05:03 pm
It is engine fluid, and it found and absorbed the girl with the star in her eye. Later it comes back when bill is at her worst. Also this mostly resembles the Mushi from Mushishi the "Mirror lake" It starts out as a puddle and slowly absorbs the reflection and energy of it's host till it turns into a full organism. it takes awhile before it comes and fully absorbs the host, to defeat it you have to show the mushi's reflection. They become exact copies if they succesfully copy the host. this whole lore pretty much describes their life cycle.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 09:13:52 pm by MasatoYugisko »
  • Character name: Masato
  • Minecraft Username: ThereIsNoSam

May 16, 2018, 09:18:17 pm
The dr who episode with bill has to be the most disappointing series, with the rest of Peter Capaldi's Dr Who being the most boring 3 seasons ever.

May 16, 2018, 09:28:51 pm
Meh, that Season was Okey. They Atleast brought the Mondasian Cybermen back, Along with the Other ones. Cybermen are Kool.
  • Character name: Bad Oatmeal, White Nick Fury, Angery Lady, Garfield, Teabag, Grandpa, Crazy Orc, and Short Asian Lady
  • Minecraft Username: _Mr_hyde_
It’s my job to annoy people and Start Arguments, so....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

May 17, 2018, 07:26:25 am
The last two episodes were eh but the entire series was bad I felt they hyped me up foe each episode then disappointed me once it was shown

Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Zyvo: So is the server offline?
    September 05, 2018, 01:35:31 am
  • MasterThor: Why were all of my posts deleted and my account reset...
    September 06, 2018, 07:23:46 pm
  • MasterThor: Now I'm confused my login details signed me into a different account
    September 06, 2018, 07:24:37 pm
  • _Mr_hyde_: According to History, your Account still exists like why it signed you into a different one I don't know.
    September 06, 2018, 10:07:53 pm
  • 𝔗𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔭𝔲𝔫𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔯: For some reason your profile picture had a big red X when I clicked on it, as well as I see none of your posts as well
    September 06, 2018, 11:05:54 pm
  • _Mr_hyde_: Also, I might point out your ORIGINAL Account was Called True Masterthork while the current one is just masterthor.
    September 06, 2018, 11:22:12 pm
  • MasterThor: Yeah... idk what's going on
    September 07, 2018, 12:08:12 am
  • MasterThor: Hopefully Elysium revives soon, it took a heavy hit and the playerbase dropped
    September 07, 2018, 12:09:34 am
  • _Mr_hyde_: Rip Ely
    September 07, 2018, 01:11:23 am
  • 𝔗𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔭𝔲𝔫𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔯: RIP
    September 07, 2018, 01:35:54 am
  • Zyvo: Can't get online and there are 20 players online. Ahh, want to work on my tower.
    September 09, 2018, 03:08:55 am
  • Yinguki: Anyone having issues logging in?
    September 11, 2018, 02:21:28 am
  • Jyecarson: Try using direct connect! It helps for a lot of people
    September 11, 2018, 10:38:10 am
  • 𝔗𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔭𝔲𝔫𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔯: post [link]
    September 12, 2018, 09:54:41 pm
  • MoistHammer: How am I supposed to find a sweaty minecraft boyfriend if NOBODY plays this DAMN server anymore!?
    September 19, 2018, 01:34:00 am
  • Kazmirl: Fair enough...
    September 19, 2018, 01:59:26 am
  • Mellonlord33: Gonna create a lore post "series". Going to give a basic run down of Elysium's lore.
    September 20, 2018, 08:29:50 pm
  • Mellonlord33: Might be a little outdated (idk what lore team has changed) but I think it should be a good guideline for new players to follow.
    September 20, 2018, 08:30:33 pm
  • _Mr_hyde_: Though it isn't guaranteed they'll actually follow it.
    September 21, 2018, 02:55:00 am
  • Mellonlord33: What is at this point hyde?
    September 21, 2018, 11:04:40 pm