collapse

Author Topic: Steamed Yams  (Read 91 times)

May 13, 2018, 10:58:24 pm

Tacitus: Well, Mara, I made it- despite your directions.

Mara Crowley: Ah. Tacitus Sunfist,  Welcome. - I hope you're prepared for an unforgettable luncheon.

T: Yeah.

M: Oh, egads! My roast is ruined. But what if I were to purchase Inn Food and disguise it as my own cooking? Delightfully devilish, Mara...

Singers: Ah- Crowley, with his crazy explanations, Tacitus is gonna need his medication When he hears Crowleys lame exaggerations There'll be trouble in town tonight!

T: Maaaraaa!

M: Tacitus, I was just- uh, just stretching my calves on the windowsill. Mana replenishing exercise. Care to join me?

T: Why is there smoke coming out of your Furnace, Mara?

M: Uh- Oh. That isn't smoke. It's steam. Steam from the steamed clams we're having. Mmm. Steamed clams.

M: Whew. Tacitus, I hope you're ready for mouthwatering Potatoes.

T: I thought we were having steamed clams.

M: D'oh, no. I said steamed YAMS. That's what I call Potatoes.

T: You call Potatoes steamed Yams?

M: Yes. It's a regional dialect.

T: Uh-huh. Uh, what region?

M: Uh, upstate Elysium?

T: Really? Well, I'm from Turu, and I've never heard anyone use the phrase "steamed Yams."

M: Oh, not in Turu. No. It's an Ro'ark expression.

T: I see. You know, these Potatoes are quite similar to the ones they have at The Inn.

M: Oh, no. Patented Crowley Potatoes. Old family recipe.

T: ....For steamed yams.

M: Yes.

T: Yes. And you call them steamed yams despite the fact that they are obviously Cooked.

M: Ye- You know, the- One thing I should- - Excuse me for one second.

T: Of course.

M: Well, that was wonderful. A good time was had by all. I'm pooped.

T: Yes. I should be- Good Lords! What is happening in there?

M: Celestial Blessings?

T: Uh- CELESTIAL BLESSINGS! at this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the Realm, localized entirely within your kitchen?

M: Yes.

T: ....May I see it?

M: No.

Wyatt Steelfist: Mara! The house is on fire!

M: No, Wyatt, It's just the Holy Prophets.

T: Well, Mara, you are an odd fellow but I must say you steam a good Yam.

W: Help! Help!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:03:44 pm by _Mr_hyde_ »
  • Character name: Several Draugrs, Some Squishy Dude, and KHANNNNN (with an Eyepatch)
  • Minecraft Username: _Mr_hyde_
It’s my job to annoy people and Start Arguments, so....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

H o n k.

May 14, 2018, 12:55:53 am
What is this propaganda?
  • Character name: Wakes-With-Dawn (Argonian), Runs-Into-Fire (Argonian), Saraya (Kobold), Sunmeer (Ouginak), Fennrin (Dwarf), Mayain Sundar (Half-Elf)
  • Minecraft Username: Juan_Plays
"Hey, what are you doing on the floor?"

"I thought I'd find my dignity down here."

May 14, 2018, 01:39:50 am
This is the Power of memes, My Friend. Not only can it Create, it can Destroy. Use it wisely.
  • Character name: Several Draugrs, Some Squishy Dude, and KHANNNNN (with an Eyepatch)

H o n k.

• No avatar
May 14, 2018, 03:45:26 am
Lmfao I literally didn't get past the first part without dying of laughter. You wrote a story about me and mara? I don't think I can live long enough to read it all the way without dying of laughter
  • Minecraft Username: MasterThor

• No avatar
May 14, 2018, 03:48:36 am
Lmao I finished reading it. THank you Hyde, this was really unexpected and very entertaining. A good story
  • Minecraft Username: MasterThor

May 14, 2018, 08:56:23 am
I love that Wyatt makes a cameo appearance in this story.
  • Character name: Sarah
  • Minecraft Username: HashBr0wnie

May 14, 2018, 12:38:46 pm
T h a n c c. It’s an Elysian parody of the “Steamed Hams” Joke from the Simpsons. It’s a meme I believe is still alive. Also, I originally considered Duroms char Durgok molare for Chalmers, But decided Tacitus was a better candidate. And the Presence of Wyatt was just An Easter egg, And implies that he’s still alive, And Maras holding him hostage.

H o n k.

May 14, 2018, 02:53:37 pm
SKINNERS

Why did you do this? It is a straight rip off. Yet it is true that Wyatt is alive, yet you have the wrong perosn in mind who locked him up.

*Muffled basement door scratches*
  • Character name: Wist, Volke, Isling, Liander, and a lot of others.
  • Minecraft Username: rikkert00
Life's like a box of chocolates, if you don't space it out well enough and plan it. It can be gone within a day.

May 14, 2018, 10:18:41 pm
B-but it's a Parody ;-;

H o n k.

Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • MasatoYugisko: also wow you put a lot of work into your introduction...
    May 18, 2018, 03:10:32 am
  • TrueMasterThor: Lol. I still have some to add to it
    May 18, 2018, 05:22:29 am
  • MasatoYugisko: show me drawings.
    May 18, 2018, 03:02:58 pm
  • MasatoYugisko: i have a piquing interest towards art.
    May 18, 2018, 03:03:11 pm
  • Mark: Sorry for advertising if it bugs you, but here is my newest race! [link]
    May 18, 2018, 03:26:40 pm
  • TrueMasterThor: My current best drawing is a picture of my significant other, which I made around 6 or 5 months ago, I can create a newer drawing here soon to show you too, but it'd be of a sword or knife or something like that, or an axe.
    May 18, 2018, 08:45:04 pm
  • TrueMasterThor: 5-6 months ago I was really bad at drawing but I have greatly improved recently.
    May 18, 2018, 08:45:32 pm
  • TrueMasterThor: I'll draw something up here soon and show ya, when I get the time ofc.
    May 18, 2018, 08:45:49 pm
  • _Mr_hyde_: I just watched black panther, and my favorite part is How Killmonger makes Car noises.
    May 19, 2018, 03:16:50 am
  • TrueMasterThor: Kek I just figured out why my ban appeal wasn't answered
    May 20, 2018, 03:37:55 am
  • _KnightSolaire_: ?
    May 20, 2018, 06:25:32 am
  • Void: Hello
    May 20, 2018, 10:03:30 am
  • TrueMasterThor: Hello
    May 20, 2018, 01:42:44 pm
  • TrueMasterThor: Also @Knight it's because you have to wait few months after your permaban before making an appeal, I didn't wait long at all. I didn't know you're supposed to wait
    May 20, 2018, 01:43:23 pm
  • _Mr_hyde_: I Gino that Might be a New rule, Because I remember that People used to put out Permban appeals shortly after they were banned, and still get accepted to come back.
    May 20, 2018, 03:47:22 pm
  • TrueMasterThor: I checked the rules and stuff and that's what it said so yeet, also sammo replied to the appeal and said "Not at this time" so it makes sense.
    May 20, 2018, 03:54:58 pm
  • _Mr_hyde_: Le Shrug
    May 20, 2018, 04:06:56 pm
  • TrueMasterThor: [link] <<-- Advertising.
    May 20, 2018, 04:31:21 pm
  • TrueMasterThor: Join my group we have free cookies and coffee in the mornings.
    May 20, 2018, 04:31:33 pm
  • TrueMasterThor: Should I make a lore post about Tacitus' hammer?
    May 20, 2018, 11:39:01 pm