collapse

Author Topic: Steamed Yams  (Read 412 times)

May 13, 2018, 10:58:24 pm

Tacitus: Well, Mara, I made it- despite your directions.

Mara Crowley: Ah. Tacitus Sunfist,  Welcome. - I hope you're prepared for an unforgettable luncheon.

T: Yeah.

M: Oh, egads! My roast is ruined. But what if I were to purchase Inn Food and disguise it as my own cooking? Delightfully devilish, Mara...

Singers: Ah- Crowley, with his crazy explanations, Tacitus is gonna need his medication When he hears Crowleys lame exaggerations There'll be trouble in town tonight!

T: Maaaraaa!

M: Tacitus, I was just- uh, just stretching my calves on the windowsill. Mana replenishing exercise. Care to join me?

T: Why is there smoke coming out of your Furnace, Mara?

M: Uh- Oh. That isn't smoke. It's steam. Steam from the steamed clams we're having. Mmm. Steamed clams.

M: Whew. Tacitus, I hope you're ready for mouthwatering Potatoes.

T: I thought we were having steamed clams.

M: D'oh, no. I said steamed YAMS. That's what I call Potatoes.

T: You call Potatoes steamed Yams?

M: Yes. It's a regional dialect.

T: Uh-huh. Uh, what region?

M: Uh, upstate Elysium?

T: Really? Well, I'm from Turu, and I've never heard anyone use the phrase "steamed Yams."

M: Oh, not in Turu. No. It's an Ro'ark expression.

T: I see. You know, these Potatoes are quite similar to the ones they have at The Inn.

M: Oh, no. Patented Crowley Potatoes. Old family recipe.

T: ....For steamed yams.

M: Yes.

T: Yes. And you call them steamed yams despite the fact that they are obviously Cooked.

M: Ye- You know, the- One thing I should- - Excuse me for one second.

T: Of course.

M: Well, that was wonderful. A good time was had by all. I'm pooped.

T: Yes. I should be- Good Lords! What is happening in there?

M: Celestial Blessings?

T: Uh- CELESTIAL BLESSINGS! at this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the Realm, localized entirely within your kitchen?

M: Yes.

T: ....May I see it?

M: No.

Wyatt Steelfist: Mara! The house is on fire!

M: No, Wyatt, It's just the Holy Prophets.

T: Well, Mara, you are an odd fellow but I must say you steam a good Yam.

W: Help! Help!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:03:44 pm by _Mr_hyde_ »
  • Character name: Bad Oatmeal, White Nick Fury, Angery Lady, Garfield, Teabag, Grandpa, Crazy Orc, and Short Asian Lady
  • Minecraft Username: _Mr_hyde_
It’s my job to annoy people and Start Arguments, so....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

May 14, 2018, 12:55:53 am
What is this propaganda?
  • Character name: Wakes-With-Dawn (Argonian), Runs-Into-Fire (Argonian), Saraya (Kobold), Sunmeer (Ouginak), Fennrin (Dwarf), Mayain Sundar (Half-Elf)
  • Minecraft Username: Juan_Plays
"Hey, what are you doing on the floor?"

"I thought I'd find my dignity down here."

May 14, 2018, 01:39:50 am
This is the Power of memes, My Friend. Not only can it Create, it can Destroy. Use it wisely.
  • Character name: Bad Oatmeal, White Nick Fury, Angery Lady, Garfield, Teabag, Grandpa, Crazy Orc, and Short Asian Lady

• No avatar
May 14, 2018, 03:45:26 am
Lmfao I literally didn't get past the first part without dying of laughter. You wrote a story about me and mara? I don't think I can live long enough to read it all the way without dying of laughter
  • Character name: Tacitus Sunfist
  • Minecraft Username: MasterThor
Hi! My name is Tyler (Better known as Thor, or MasterThor). I enjoy writing lore and I am open for requests! PM me or ask me in the shoutbox and I will happily write any lore you want!

• No avatar
May 14, 2018, 03:48:36 am
Lmao I finished reading it. THank you Hyde, this was really unexpected and very entertaining. A good story
  • Character name: Tacitus Sunfist
  • Minecraft Username: MasterThor
Hi! My name is Tyler (Better known as Thor, or MasterThor). I enjoy writing lore and I am open for requests! PM me or ask me in the shoutbox and I will happily write any lore you want!

May 14, 2018, 08:56:23 am
I love that Wyatt makes a cameo appearance in this story.

May 14, 2018, 12:38:46 pm
T h a n c c. It’s an Elysian parody of the “Steamed Hams” Joke from the Simpsons. It’s a meme I believe is still alive. Also, I originally considered Duroms char Durgok molare for Chalmers, But decided Tacitus was a better candidate. And the Presence of Wyatt was just An Easter egg, And implies that he’s still alive, And Maras holding him hostage.

May 14, 2018, 02:53:37 pm
SKINNERS

Why did you do this? It is a straight rip off. Yet it is true that Wyatt is alive, yet you have the wrong perosn in mind who locked him up.

*Muffled basement door scratches*
  • Character name: Warlock
  • Minecraft Username: rikkert00
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life, freely.

May 14, 2018, 10:18:41 pm
B-but it's a Parody ;-;

May 29, 2018, 06:27:10 pm
I realized that after I wrote the post, was too lazy to edit it honestly. Yet just don't let Wyatt out anymore. Okay?
  • Character name: Warlock
  • Minecraft Username: rikkert00
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life, freely.

Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • ThiccDiccNicc: tickle me pickle and call me nick there is a santa outside me windows!!
    December 02, 2018, 11:30:24 pm
  • ThiccDiccNicc: where my homies at UwU
    December 02, 2018, 11:32:01 pm
  • h2hermit: tf
    December 04, 2018, 08:47:58 am
  • h2hermit: Join the discord btw [link]
    December 04, 2018, 09:41:22 am
  • Shadewolf: yo
    December 05, 2018, 04:26:12 am
  • King Crazy Codizzil: hey so i have not logged in in forever whats new with the server
    December 06, 2018, 01:10:38 am
  • 𝔗𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔭𝔲𝔫𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔯 🌞: Nothin
    December 06, 2018, 01:47:28 am
  • daniseriousrex: :):
    December 11, 2018, 07:34:04 pm
  • CaptainCoconutz: hello is this dead?
    December 12, 2018, 12:25:20 pm
  • CaptainCoconutz: this use to be such a cool server
    December 12, 2018, 12:26:07 pm
  • Mellonlord33: It is still alive.
    December 12, 2018, 01:06:55 pm
  • Mellonlord33: Barely, but alive.
    December 12, 2018, 01:06:59 pm
  • Mellonlord33: While I have mixed feelings that the server is being reset (I do agree that it should) I implore the staff not to reset and release a new map half baked. Any hiccups at this point with where the server is now could potentially do more harm than good and could spell the end of Elysium.
    December 12, 2018, 01:13:12 pm
  • Mellonlord33: So please, don't release early just to please the player base, release when you feel its ready @Sam.
    December 12, 2018, 01:14:09 pm
  • h2hermit: [link]
    December 12, 2018, 02:49:00 pm
  • Toime: ..Do we at least get to download the map? Pleaaaase?
    December 13, 2018, 01:35:33 am
  • Toime: I've been trying to find ways to save old locations that I would feel remiss if I couldn't just go look at them again, especially the plenty of little places people built over the years. The loss of so many small things that made people very would be... to put it bluntly... a fair deal of damage.
    December 13, 2018, 01:36:37 am
  • h2hermit: Use Schematica
    December 13, 2018, 06:19:29 am
  • 𝔗𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔭𝔲𝔫𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔯 🌞: Just a repeat to all who come on here. A new update is coming, please go to: [link]
    December 15, 2018, 12:13:07 am
  • NeonStarlight: So. I got the issue that i can’t join
    Today at 06:36:21 pm