collapse

Author Topic: Coming Soon (But not soon enough): Smuggler's Landing  (Read 1273 times)

October 19, 2017, 12:28:10 am
History:

Smuggler's Landing is a cove that was used by smugglers and pirates as a drop-off point for illegal goods, ranging from weaponry to endangered animals. Ships filled with illegal products would sail into the cove under the cover of night, unload their cargo, and leave. From there, members from a large black market group would transport the cargo inland to their hideout to be stored until it was time for it to be sold. This process went on for decades, until the location of Smuggler's Landing was leaked to nearby rulers. In hopes of claiming the goods for themselves, these rulers sent their fleets of ships to raid Smuggler's Landing. However, because both rulers desired the cargo for themselves, a battle was started to decide who would be the one to claim it. After several weeks of ceaseless combat and heavy losses on both sides, the rulers agreed to split the loot evenly so that their losses would not end up outweighing the gains. It was also decided that Smuggler's Landing would remain a neutral territory and become a trading town to be utilized by all. This is the Smuggler's Landing that is known today.

Layout:

The layout of Smuggler's Landing is unique among most seaside towns. Rather than have a bunch of buildings taking up space along the shore, the builders of the town constructed several homes and services built on and connected by walkways within the water. This decision made it possible to maximize the amount of space ships had to unload cargo along the surrounding coast. However, as an unintended result, a large void between the wealthy and poor of the town was created. While space efficient, the houses on the water were not the most stable or comfortable. Not wishing to live in such cramped conditions, the wealthier members of the town began to construct larger and more stable homes on the beaches and in the surrounding forest. Soon after the wealthy left for the beaches, some business owners followed for better business opportunities. The poor, however, did not have the money to do the same and were forced to remain on the water.

The Auction House:

There are only two reasons people choose to visit Smuggler's Landing, the first one being that they have shipments they need to pick up from the docks. The second reason is the Auction House. Rare and exotic items from all across Elysium often wind up at the Auction House to be sold. Naturally, collectors of these items flock to the Auction House in hopes of being able to place a few winning bets.

Auctioning off items is a service available to everyone, on the condition that they pay the Auction House 10% of what they earn. The 10% fee is supposed to pay the workers and keep the building open, but not everyone is in agreement of that. Despite its popularity and wide use, no one is entirely sure who owns the Auction House. There are rumors of secret auctions where its not just rare items are sold, but people and endangered animals too. Of course, no one has come up with proof for any of this.
  • Character name: Kravam Stormbelly, Cameron Iliric, Baltic Marinus, Ettrian Wyneberos
  • Minecraft Username: _KnightSolaire_
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown" H. P. Lovecraft

October 19, 2017, 12:44:46 am
ooh, a place for smugglers? zero can sell his spices there! *cough* definantly not drugs *cough*
  • Character name: Bad Oatmeal, White Nick Fury, Angery Lady, Garfield, Teabag, Grandpa, Crazy Orc, and Short Asian Lady
  • Minecraft Username: _Mr_hyde_
It’s my job to annoy people and Start Arguments, so....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

October 19, 2017, 12:50:44 am
ooh, a place for smugglers? zero can sell his spices there! *cough* definantly not drugs *cough*

“Illegal activity in Smuggler’s Landing? It’s unthinkable! Those days are far behind us!” -Auction House representative
  • Character name: Kravam Stormbelly, Cameron Iliric, Baltic Marinus, Ettrian Wyneberos
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown" H. P. Lovecraft

October 19, 2017, 02:44:28 am
A big +1 from me, If I wasn't drowning from head to toe in my own projects I would help out.
  • Character name: Cassandra, Maxwell, Kaitlin~
  • Minecraft Username: Jyecarson, LifeStrife_2017

Have a nice day! :D

October 19, 2017, 02:54:59 am
A big +1 from me, If I wasn't drowning from head to toe in my own projects I would help out.

Perfectly understandable, but thanks for the positive feedback!

October 19, 2017, 06:32:03 am
*Skiba barges into auction hall* "How much for all of this"
  • Minecraft Username: Secsi

October 19, 2017, 03:26:05 pm
*Skiba barges into auction hall* "How much for all of this"

Gonna be about tree fiddy.

• No avatar
October 01, 2018, 06:05:46 am
I think that would be so.
  • Minecraft Username: JohnWick7

I think that would be so.
is this another bot
  • Character name: Arapaho Maliseet - Current Main.
  • Minecraft Username: Treepuncher2014
VargyBoi#7993
Arapaho Maliseet (Sunwalker)
"May the Earth Mother brighten your path, friend. Farewell."

October 01, 2018, 01:02:33 pm
I don't think so, it might just be someone who clicked on a random post and didn't realize how old it was.
  • Character name: Bad Oatmeal, White Nick Fury, Angery Lady, Garfield, Teabag, Grandpa, Crazy Orc, and Short Asian Lady
  • Minecraft Username: _Mr_hyde_
It’s my job to annoy people and Start Arguments, so....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• No avatar
October 05, 2018, 05:29:42 am
Bots must be a problem, ther's another one over there. Quick, Let's go beat it with a cord.
  • Minecraft Username: Zyvo1

Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • ThiccDiccNicc: whats up gamers
    December 02, 2018, 11:28:52 pm
  • ThiccDiccNicc: tickle me pickle and call me nick there is a santa outside me windows!!
    December 02, 2018, 11:30:24 pm
  • ThiccDiccNicc: where my homies at UwU
    December 02, 2018, 11:32:01 pm
  • h2hermit: tf
    December 04, 2018, 08:47:58 am
  • h2hermit: Join the discord btw [link]
    December 04, 2018, 09:41:22 am
  • Shadewolf: yo
    December 05, 2018, 04:26:12 am
  • King Crazy Codizzil: hey so i have not logged in in forever whats new with the server
    December 06, 2018, 01:10:38 am
  • 𝔗𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔭𝔲𝔫𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔯 🌞: Nothin
    December 06, 2018, 01:47:28 am
  • daniseriousrex: :):
    December 11, 2018, 07:34:04 pm
  • CaptainCoconutz: hello is this dead?
    December 12, 2018, 12:25:20 pm
  • CaptainCoconutz: this use to be such a cool server
    December 12, 2018, 12:26:07 pm
  • Mellonlord33: It is still alive.
    December 12, 2018, 01:06:55 pm
  • Mellonlord33: Barely, but alive.
    December 12, 2018, 01:06:59 pm
  • Mellonlord33: While I have mixed feelings that the server is being reset (I do agree that it should) I implore the staff not to reset and release a new map half baked. Any hiccups at this point with where the server is now could potentially do more harm than good and could spell the end of Elysium.
    December 12, 2018, 01:13:12 pm
  • Mellonlord33: So please, don't release early just to please the player base, release when you feel its ready @Sam.
    December 12, 2018, 01:14:09 pm
  • h2hermit: [link]
    December 12, 2018, 02:49:00 pm
  • Toime: ..Do we at least get to download the map? Pleaaaase?
    December 13, 2018, 01:35:33 am
  • Toime: I've been trying to find ways to save old locations that I would feel remiss if I couldn't just go look at them again, especially the plenty of little places people built over the years. The loss of so many small things that made people very would be... to put it bluntly... a fair deal of damage.
    December 13, 2018, 01:36:37 am
  • h2hermit: Use Schematica
    December 13, 2018, 06:19:29 am
  • 𝔗𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔭𝔲𝔫𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔯 🌞: Just a repeat to all who come on here. A new update is coming, please go to: [link]
    December 15, 2018, 12:13:07 am