collapse

Author Topic: Make Kryten Great Again!  (Read 1661 times)

August 19, 2017, 06:25:15 am
Do you remember when EVERYONE was on Kryten? And then only a month later, nobody got on? Well, these are some ideas that can bring it back!

Make an area outside of spawn, to bring you to Kryten.
The only time you hear of a warp to Kryten, is from before you enter the server, when you look at your list of servers. It's right under the title. And even then, new players wouldn't ask due to unfamiliarity with the server in general, and maybe even lack of interest. And older players don't go because either they see nobody's there, or they don't know about it, which leads to my second point:

Make it more interesting!
Don't just say, "Oh, here's a cyberpunk server for cyberpunk roleplay, have fun", and merely put a map, texture pack, and some races in! Actually do something with it! Make it interesting! Events! Story! Villains! Heroes!

Have some rules.
Yes, it's a 1984 Big Brother-esque society. But not much else is told! What about technology, how advanced is it? How do people get weapons? How do people live their daily life? How do people relax in such a state of paranoia? Basically what I'm saying is, have some rules that regulate RP to CRP. Have weapons work on a roll, due to the weapon's technological advancements. A bullet is something you can't dodge, so rolling would be important. (For once.) Or plasma, lasers, or whatever the "bullet" is. Again, people don't know how advanced technology is, so they don't know if plasma and laser weapons are even allowed!

Have some staff in Kryten.
I'm only saying this because once people get on Kryten, it will be chaos. So staff would more than likely be needed.

Make beginner-level and high-level roleplaying areas!
Another way to help make it seem popular, is to make either two separate maps, or two different areas on the map now, to keep high and beginner-level roleplayers separate. High-level roleplayers tend to stick with each other, as do beginner-level roleplayers, so when some of their level join Kryten, more would come!

For now, this is all I have. Kinda made this on the spot, and I truly do want some of that sweet Kryten cyberpunk roleplay. Just make it more popular, changes are surely to come! Don't leave it a barren wasteland!
  • Character name: Kristian, the Dame of Thorns.
  • Minecraft Username: Niatrek
Both you and I can agree that nearly all of Elysium's custom races are trash.

August 19, 2017, 07:47:53 am
Niaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

Love these suggestions and wholeheartedly support. I didn't go on Kryten much, but if this was all in place, I think I would've played more on it lol.

Idk if +1's are ever still a thing, but uh, cool post.

the title made me do a double take and go 'WHA? O_O' tho
I'm annoying and a horrible person.

A n i m e .

*Crawls under rock*

August 19, 2017, 09:04:46 pm
I remember I actually came to Elysium because I saw on the front page after it's initial release that they had a Cyber Punk, and all I did for a couple months was play Kryten. In it's entirety, people had trouble with combat because of a lack of set technology, and that whenever a fight broke out, more people wanted to join because there was /nothing/ to do. I loved Kryten but I agree, these things would make it better. I fully support this. +1
  • Character name: Reyth Umbisra
  • Minecraft Username: PhoenixHearts

August 20, 2017, 01:15:58 am
I think one problem Is the lack of areas.  the only place you can really get to in Kryten is the city, which gets kind of small and boring after a while. they should add more warps on Kryten, like a bunker or a nuclear town or something.
  • Character name: Bad Oatmeal, White Nick Fury, Angery Lady, Garfield, Teabag, Grandpa, Crazy Orc, and Short Asian Lady
  • Minecraft Username: _Mr_hyde_
It’s my job to annoy people and Start Arguments, so....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• No avatar
August 20, 2017, 06:55:13 pm
I think Kryten needs a bigger city in general, Sure you can add more areas, but personally when i imagine cyberpunk i imagine, expansion, innovation, Just Technology just exploding everywhere. Like a high and low area a place where the poor are poorer and the rich get richer. the world of steampunk is all about risks and change. No single thing could ever last, You see a brand new steam pistol? a better one just came out the next day.

Another thing i would like to consider is the possibility of maybe a ganglord situation, maybe a secret vault hidden in a older outdated version of kryten that was buried because of the new city expansion, who knows what's in that vault experimental tech? Explosives? Money? Virus that could end the world? What do we as the characters of kryten need to step up and use our technology for? what do we need to do to keep our city constantly expanding?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 07:34:00 pm by MasatoTheBear »
  • Character name: Masato
  • Minecraft Username: ThereIsNoSam

• No avatar
September 04, 2017, 05:42:45 am
i really like this! keep it up, mi- i mean nia.

ya, nia.

nia.

• Character name: Ashlynn Hagerstrom, Kasdeya
  • Minecraft Username: GardenOfAsh

October 31, 2017, 03:01:18 am
Kryten needs a bit of lore. It's hard to rp because everyone uses their own idea of what cyberpunk is. (Even when there were people there...) I don't think the area is much of a problem.
also woo late replies to things :p
  • Character name: Subject to change
  • Minecraft Username: Anxietictrapster

• No avatar
October 22, 2018, 04:35:38 am
https://mochalab.bandcamp.com/album/the-forgotten-meme-a-cyberpunk-fairytale

^ This is Cyberpunk
My favorite Nobody Music Artist, He does a lot of strange stories like this, and a lot of Cyberpunk-esk stuff.

Pesonally haven't played on Kryten, Is it any good?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 04:38:01 am by Zyvo »
  • Minecraft Username: Zyvo1

Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • 𝔗𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔭𝔲𝔫𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔯 🌞: If you want responses, why come here? Go to the new forums
    December 17, 2018, 12:02:04 pm
  • lukalu: ANyone wnt me to read "How the Admins saved Christmas"?
    December 19, 2018, 06:36:49 pm
  • Dalius Everad: Whats wrong with Ely
    December 21, 2018, 10:39:51 pm
  • Dalius Everad: The Ip: mc.elysium.co isnt working
    December 21, 2018, 10:39:56 pm
  • Sarah: Check that you are using the MC 1.12.2 version
    December 26, 2018, 07:39:17 am
  • TheRealNoahH: I was banned on the new IP permanently, and I've never even played on it. I'm not banned on the old one
    December 27, 2018, 03:53:12 am
  • voltagesnipe3s: can we get the old donation ranks from the old server to the new? anyone know?
    January 04, 2019, 07:17:33 am
  • Alistair: hi! i used to have a donation rank, but i dont have it anymore? anyway to get that back?
    January 05, 2019, 03:13:09 am
  • stigmau: What are the plans on the custom races?
    January 07, 2019, 07:50:54 pm
  • SpookySkelles: is there a new server? i wasnt on in a while and now the server is really inactive. if there is can someone tell me the ip adress?
    January 19, 2019, 11:26:56 pm
  • Sarah: [link]
    January 20, 2019, 10:38:26 am
  • acopolis: my bed is obstructed... cant get home
    February 12, 2019, 03:42:15 pm
  • 𝔗𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔭𝔲𝔫𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔯 🌞: [link]
    March 09, 2019, 04:45:35 pm
  • 𝔗𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔭𝔲𝔫𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔯 🌞: new discord ^^^^^
    March 09, 2019, 04:45:39 pm
  • Wizardmagicgo: Help i have a problem because I did /race and it basically didnt let me log on ever again please help me fix it
    March 19, 2019, 08:37:52 am
  • River: Where do I do the ban appeal
    March 22, 2019, 10:48:23 pm
  • Sarah: [link]
    March 23, 2019, 08:52:59 pm
  • SoKoL: oof im banned for saying sup in global
    March 31, 2019, 06:44:46 pm
  • David_Shadows: Is the server still up?
    April 26, 2019, 04:22:44 pm
  • Sarah: David, the server has been restarted for the 1.12 map. Please check for details on the new forum
    April 29, 2019, 11:55:59 am