collapse

Author Topic: Hydes Neko Rant  (Read 129 times)

April 12, 2018, 01:48:34 am
You Can Tell Solely by the Title that A lot of People Are Going to Agree with me Here.

I Would Like to Call for a Comepletely Revamp of the Neko Race.

There is Just So Many Things Wrong with the Current Nekos. They're just So...Out of Place. You got all These Powerful Races, Many from Old Real world Myths. And then, You Got These "Cat People" That Looked like they were Taken out of some Terrible Anime. I Would Propose Doing ACTUAL Cat People, (I.E. Caitians, Kha'Jit, Ferasans, Etc.) Bipedal Felines, With Fur, Tail, And Everything, Along With a More Appropriate Backstory. Maybe Tribal Hunters, And Some who Joined Society. Now THAT Seems More Fitting for This Server. I Belive More People, Including Older Players, Will Accept This, And Play it More. I know I Would. I would Also Recommend Changing the Name Aswell, So it Doesn't Sound so Anime-ish. People who Play the Current Nekos Still can, Though they Just wouldn't be an "Official Race."

This is Just My Suggestion Though. And If Your Already working on something Like this in the New Lore, Thank You. And Thank you For your Time. Q'apla!

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 09:56:57 pm by _Mr_hyde_ »
  • Character name: Several Draugrs Some Squishy, Dude, and KHANNNNN (with an Eyepatch)
  • Minecraft Username: _Mr_hyde_
Its my job to annoy people and Start Arguments, so....\_(ツ)_/

April 12, 2018, 02:55:50 am
Well, Ive done my research, and it turns out Nekoes were ripped completely and utterly from Anime culture. Neko means Cat in Japanese as well I believe.

Look, what Im trying to say, is that Nekos are from Anime. End of story. I think what the staff are going to address, is that Nekos are nothing but the Nekos from anime. They have no story, no lore, and no distinctions between those of common media.

While I do hope that we replace Nekos with a Kha-esc race, I fear this is not the case. I am assuming we will see a heavily revamped Neko, with actual lore, backstory, and description. The real problem that I still am afraid of, is the player-base. Elysium does a generally good job with making lores that make sense, and are creative, but the one problem is that many players are just like Ooh, lets completely ignore this and make our own thing, which we think is 10 times better, but is really just a compilation of what our hormones want, how we want to be an anime superhero, how we lack creativity, and how we want to be powerful, and ends up being so much worse, but we completely neglect that!

Point is, while many of us want a Kha-esc race, I think that Nekos will not be turned into that. If they are, than itll be absolutely spectacular, but many players will still ignore the lore, bsimply because they want to be special.
  • Character name: Wakes-With-Dawn (Argonian), Runs-Into-Fire (Argonian), Saraya (Kobold), Sunmeer (Ouginak), Fennrin (Dwarf), Mayain Sundar (Half-Elf)
  • Minecraft Username: Juan_Plays
"Hey, what are you doing on the floor?"

"I thought I'd find my dignity down here."

• No avatar
April 12, 2018, 05:18:47 am
This is why when i want good lore/roleplay i go to D&D nights at the comic asylum. I'm sure that alot of the problems with races in Elysium, is that they're outdated and the amount of custom lore being added is just making the old races stand out, i guess that'd be why everyone keeps making weirder stronger versions of the old races.
  • Character name: Masato
  • Minecraft Username: ThereIsNoSam

April 12, 2018, 03:36:05 pm
This has literally already been done and has been for a long time. The lore just isn't posted yet. The new name is Dei'mea. They have backstory, history, culture, etc.
  • Character name: Cassandra, Maxwell, Kaitlin~
  • Minecraft Username: Jyecarson, LifeStrife_2017

• No avatar
April 12, 2018, 03:38:51 pm
seriously? jesus it's been almost a year or so when the lore was supposed to be developed, what the heck.
  • Character name: Masato
  • Minecraft Username: ThereIsNoSam

April 13, 2018, 06:04:13 am
seriously? jesus it's been almost a year or so when the lore was supposed to be developed, what the heck.

The lore team is lazy.
  • Character name: Cassandra, Maxwell, Kaitlin~
  • Minecraft Username: Jyecarson, LifeStrife_2017

April 13, 2018, 10:20:16 am

The lore team is lazy.

The Lore Team is not lazy.
It disbanded a while back due to the factor that the head of lore (BlindElf) was somewhat inactive and so it spiralled downhill, til this day where it doesn't even exist anymore.
  • Character name: Segar
  • Minecraft Username: Promotey
CoPs Commander - PM me if you're in need of help!

April 13, 2018, 12:02:00 pm
Rip all the lore that was gonna fix this
  • Character name: Vuldin Oberon
  • Minecraft Username: Zucchini_Warrior

April 13, 2018, 12:40:09 pm
Rip lore team
  • Character name: Several Draugrs Some Squishy, Dude, and KHANNNNN (with an Eyepatch)

April 15, 2018, 09:30:43 pm
Aight girls, stop moping. My suggestion is, since the lore team is dead, we have, perhaps, a neighborhood-watch sort of lore team. Well, at least, until Sammo can get the lore team back together. What I mean by that is, we start taking notes as to what we notice about the base races and how they're used, and report back to someone in charge of the whole operation. Then, we set up a document and decide if there really needs to be a change to that behaviour.

Until then, can someone link the new 'Neko' lore? Perhaps with Sarah's idea of getting a wiki moderation team together, hopefully we can start implementing new/better lore for the server. Especially some more creative races other than the token 'elf' or 'werewolf.'
Hint hint, lore team, hit me up about the avos :>

But, back to what I was saying. Perhaps with the accompaniment of regular players to the wiki/lore teams, there can be some input on what would best entertain the community.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 09:48:24 pm by Toime »
  • Character name: Feste d'Amaranth, Esrakh Corvus, Arietta Mock, & Marie Barlow
  • Minecraft Username: Latitude88North
Haha okay what

April 15, 2018, 09:51:33 pm
I agree with This Notion. Though we Gotta ask Sammo before we Start Throwing our Ideas Together.

Otherwise, I Like this Idea.

April 15, 2018, 10:26:13 pm
Aight girls, stop moping. My suggestion is, since the lore team is dead, we have, perhaps, a neighborhood-watch sort of lore team. Well, at least, until Sammo can get the lore team back together. What I mean by that is, we start taking notes as to what we notice about the base races and how they're used, and report back to someone in charge of the whole operation. Then, we set up a document and decide if there really needs to be a change to that behaviour.

Until then, can someone link the new 'Neko' lore? Perhaps with Sarah's idea of getting a wiki moderation team together, hopefully we can start implementing new/better lore for the server. Especially some more creative races other than the token 'elf' or 'werewolf.'
Hint hint, lore team, hit me up about the avos :>

But, back to what I was saying. Perhaps with the accompaniment of regular players to the wiki/lore teams, there can be some input on what would best entertain the community.

Now this is some impressive leadership that Id be happy to work under. About time we had somebody taking charge instead of idealistic complaining (I myself am included in that).

Ill be making sure to keep notes, and post them once Ive gathered sufficient data. I would prefer it as well if there were other players doing the same thing, so we can compare and contrast notes weve taken, and possibly develop a pattern to this thing, so we can see what should/shouldnt be looked at.
  • Character name: Wakes-With-Dawn (Argonian), Runs-Into-Fire (Argonian), Saraya (Kobold), Sunmeer (Ouginak), Fennrin (Dwarf), Mayain Sundar (Half-Elf)
  • Minecraft Username: Juan_Plays
"Hey, what are you doing on the floor?"

"I thought I'd find my dignity down here."

Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • MasatoYugisko: also, i told you i'm done with this.
    Today at 04:58:51 am
  • MasatoYugisko: you didn't need to say anything.
    Today at 04:58:56 am
  • MasatoYugisko: didn't change a single bit.
    Today at 04:59:44 am
  • Toime: Girls, girls, you're both pretty. Please get the trite back to Narnia, or wherever the hell you guys do battles to the death.
    Today at 05:01:26 am
  • MasatoYugisko: *grabs a battle axe* tonight we dine in hell!
    Today at 05:01:46 am
  • MasatoYugisko: @masterthor, you have a funny way of showing you don't care.
    Today at 05:02:21 am
  • MasatoYugisko: :)
    Today at 05:02:29 am
  • Toime: Nah, but seriously. Lying, manipulative interpretations, and just plain arguing are not going to solve the problem. We know why (x) happened to (y) and so on.
    Today at 05:03:37 am
  • Toime: Get on with your life and stop arguing about who's better.
    Today at 05:03:47 am
  • MasatoYugisko: i never said i was better >_> i just hate him.
    Today at 05:05:16 am
  • Toime: Well, I hate everyone. You don't see me spouting off in the shoutbox...
    Today at 05:06:38 am
  • MasatoYugisko: legit this same thing happened last time.
    Today at 05:08:05 am
  • MasatoYugisko: if i remember, i even have the private messages a certain someone sent me of him cutting out all of his lines and putting in mine only.
    Today at 05:08:53 am
  • MasatoYugisko: he even sent them to the admins.
    Today at 05:08:58 am
  • MasatoYugisko: if i remember that certain someone is one of your "Friends"
    Today at 05:10:01 am
  • MasatoYugisko: wonder who :)
    Today at 05:10:08 am
  • Toime: Alright, christ! This is the shoutbox, if you guys have something to iron out, do it where the general populous doesn't have to listen to you.
    Today at 05:11:02 am
  • MasatoYugisko: i will shout this on the rooftops (sings that 2005 song he can't remember on the top of his head)
    Today at 05:11:25 am
  • MasatoYugisko: scratch that it came out in 2010
    Today at 05:11:51 am
  • MasatoYugisko: my god i'm old.
    Today at 05:12:00 am